About Nambucca Valley Family Daycare
Nambucca Valley Family Day Care has operated in the Nambucca Valley for over 20 years. We currently have 20 Educators registered with our service and offer quality home based child care to areas in the Nambucca Shire including; Bowraville, Macksville, Nambucca Heads, Scotts Head, Valla Beach, Valla Rural, Bellingen and Dorrigo.
Children are nurtured and cared for in the homes of approved family day care educators who are resourced supported and monitored by the coordination unit.
What is the Co-ordination Unit’s role?
The Co-ordination unit is staffed by qualified and experienced Child Care professionals.
Who undertake the role to:
- work in partnership with Educators and Parents to ensure quality care is provided. This includes monitoring children’s progress
- ensure child care standards and practises are maintained and continuously improved
- assist and support Parents to find the care environment most suitable for their child
- recruit, select and train new Educators
- provide ongoing professional development for existing Educators and Staff
- regularly monitor and support Educators to provide quality care
- provide resources such as play sessions, toy library and information
- provide professional network opportunities for Educators and Staff
- develop networks within the local community
- promote Family Day Care as a quality Child Care service
- administer payments of Chlld Care Subsidy
All Educators registered with Nambucca Valley Family Day Care are passionate about working with children and are strong advocates for quality childhood education and care. We believe ‘all children should have the best start in life to create a better future for themselves and for the nation’ (EYLF).
Nambucca valley Family Day Care offers families:
- a unique opportunity to engage their child in an early childhood education and care program, in a small group within a home based setting
- flexible care arrangements 7 days per week
- play based learning experiences tailored to each child’s developmental stage and interests
- an open relationship between families, educators and the coordination unit
- child care with experienced, qualified professionals with a minimum of certificate III in Children’s services
- family fee subsidies (child care benefit and child care tax rebate)
Nambucca Valley Family Day Care operates within the new National Quality Framework, which aims to raise quality and drive continuous improvement and consistency in education and care services through:
- a national legislative framework
- a national quality standard
- a national quality Assessment and Rating process
- a new national body called the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Our service has embraced the new national early learning frameworks for children (Early Years Learning Framework and the My Time My Place). The Framework’s vision is for all children to experience play based learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
It is a guide for early childhood educators who will use the framework in partnership with families – children’s first and most influential educator – to develop learning programs responsive to children’s ideas, interests, strengths and abilities and recognise that children learn through their play. The Early Year Learning Framework describes childhood as a time of belonging, being and becoming.